You are a data scientist! Tell us about it!
Data After Dark, January 14, 2016
The goals of this exercise are to gain a better understanding of how to communicate and frame your big data research in context of the audience you are approaching.
Think about the topic you are looking into and then consider how you would meaningfully expalin that to various people in different roles
- Figure out which topic you would like to work with from the descriptions below
- Click on the link to the spinner for the audience you are addressing.
- Develop an short, consice speech to describe your work, so the audience can understand what it is you are trying to do, how you are doing it, and the value of the research.
- Politician – How is this going to help my constituents and what about the cost and my reputation? (cost-effective per person)
- Multi-national CEO – What is this doing for my brand?
- Jr. Researcher (outside of your specialty) – How will this change my approach to the problem I am examining?
- Higher-Ed Instructor – What changes will this cause in the curriculum or student engagement?
- Business entrepreneur / Patent Agent - What other data is needed to make this solution profitable?
- Your mom – Why is the problem important to the layperson?
- NIH Program Officer – How would you plan your analysis?